The CAT Rental Store is looking for a Rental Tech in our Jackson Hole Branch. At Western States Cat, our vision is to build a legacy with passionate people, innovative solutions and trusted partnerships. If you think you might be Western States material, check out the description below and visit us at www.westernstatescareers.com
Apply today! Requisition #APPRE003564
The Rental Technician is responsible for preparing the rental fleet according to Western States’ standards in order to meet or exceed the client’s needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to checking construction and support equipment in and out of inventory, loading and unloading rental fleet moving and organizing equipment throughout the yard, and is responsible for the washing, detailing, and maintaining rental fleet in an effort to maintain optimum availability.
Diagnosis, Maintenance, and Repair
o Identifies operational issues on construction and support equipment according to provided checklists.
o Performs basic preventive maintenance and lubrication on mobile and Allied Equipment.
o Safely performs machine condition inspections and general fleet maintenance.
o Performs minor machine repair, as needed.
Engines, Undercarriage, and Powertrain
o Identifies engine components and operation.
o Understands undercarriage component operation and identifies issues.
o Exhibits basic understanding of mobile equipment and powertrain components.
Electrical and Hydraulic
o Identifies electrical system components and operation.
o Exhibits basic understanding of hydraulic components and operation.
Fleet and Yard Maintenance
o Checks equipment in and out of inventory.
o Loads, unloads, and secures rental fleet according to load securement standards.
o Delivers equipment with appropriate trailer size/capacity, as needed, according to WSECO’s driving policy.
o Washes, details, and maintains rental fleet while optimizing yard organization.
o Performs other duties as assigned while developing a mindset for technician productivity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Basic computer/typing skills and ability to learn Microsoft products.
• Experience with basic hand tools.
• Ability to obtain job related certifications for any specialty equipment including but not limited to forklifts, rigging, and overhead cranes.
• Developing knowledge of Service Information Systems and division specific applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance with the ability to work overtime and travel, as needed.
• Working within and promoting Western States’ purpose, vision and values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• One-year practical industry experience preferred. (i.e. Rental fleet, Mobile, and Allied equipment)
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
• Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card and CDL, preferred.
• Appropriate technician level tooling required.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification