UserEvidence - SDR Position Highlights
- One of the only software start-ups in Jackson Hole, WY
- Large equity stake + competitive salary + benefits
- First sales hire working for two experienced sales leaders as founders - grow your career in tech
- Build sales systems and operations from ground up, bring in new logos
- Learn full-cycle sales and grow into an AE role
- Seed-stage opportunity in proven, de-risked market - raised $1.7M seed from great investors
- Founders’ first company acquired for $80M+
Mission & Culture
UserEvidence is the only SaaS platform purpose-built to unlock customer love at scale. Credibility and noise are huge issues in B2B marketing and sales. We believe companies can sell a lot more when they let their customers do the talking, and show real-life evidence and feedback from their users.
We want this to be a company that enables a fulfilling and stable lifestyle for our employees. While we do have a real opportunity to get to $30M/yr+ in recurring revenue within 4-6 years and see a large exit, we’re going to do so in a smart and sane way, that is financially prudent and ensures that any exit substantially benefits all employees rather than simply founders and investors. We’ve raised a $1.7M seed round from great investors - including FirstMile Ventures.
We want everyone to have a good work-life balance - there will of course be (a lot of) times where we’re grinding, but we want to enjoy the journey, not only the destination. Remote work and flexibility will be key, and we will also bring together our team, while it’s small, in Jackson Hole, once a year.
Our sales culture is very focused on development. We spend A LOT of time training and developing our reps, and encouraging them to view sales as a craft, where mastery is attained by investing lots of time and energy in getting better. Sales is a science and art that can be broken down, studied, and harnessed with the right approach and intellectual curiosity.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems better, together. We're always looking for talented humans who are interested in building the future alongside us.
UserEvidence 2-min intro video
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial sales person who is self-motivated, hard-working, driven, humble, intellectually-curious, comfortable in an unstructured start-up figuring stuff out on their own, and eager to learn and hone his/her craft. You will be the first SDR (Sales Development Representative) working for two founders who have extensive experience in enterprise SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) sales. This is a huge opportunity to lead the charge bringing in new logos and revenue for the company. We’re hoping the SDR we bring on now might eventually learn full-cycle sales and develop into an Account Executive closing deals on their own. Perhaps after that, you might manage a team (we both did the SDR -> Director of Sales progression).
- Conduct targeted outreach to potential customers via email, LinkedIn, and phone (cold calls). We’ll need to figure out the right mix, but it might be 80 cold calls, 25 LinkedIn messages, and 30 targeted emails (plus some automated outreach), for example
- Research and source target accounts on LinkedIn and contact data from other data sources
- Learn our sales and marketing stack - Salesforce.com, Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Suite, Slack
- Set up 4-6+ meetings per week with qualified prospects
- Learn to conduct intro/consultation calls, and eventually demos
- Dive into training and development - participate in role plays, call reviews, theory sessions, etc
Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills + email/g-suite required
- Some experience in life where you’ve sold something or evangelized for a cause
- Basic proficiency in LinkedIn
- Excellent verbal + written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Strong empathy and ability to connect with others and understand their situation
- High motor - you can grind it out, you are competitive, and will smash goals
- Intellectual curiosity - you have the ability to create, understand systems, and experiment/tinker to figure out better ways of doing things
- Competitive comp, bonus, and equity plans
- Fully remote work + paid trips to Jackson Hole, WY (ski, raft, bike)
- Health+Dental+Vision Insurance for you (and any dependents)
- Incredible training and career growth opportunity
Who we are
- Evan Huck: Co-Founder and CEO - Co-Founder + CEO. 1st Employee at TechValidate, built sales org to 60+, acquired by SurveyMonkey in 2015. Stanford Grad.
- Ray Rhodes: Co-Founder and CRO - early TechValidate sales, top enterprise sales lead at Guru (sales enablement/content mgmt)
- Billy Fowks: Founding Principal Engineer. Accomplished start-up technologist with 15+ years experience architecting and developing web-applications, and leading engineering teams.
- Max Burnside - Lead Product Designer. 10 Years of experience in SaaS product design. Leading User Experience and Visual Design.
How to Apply