JOB SUMMARY: Provides direct patient care by assisting physicians in the treatment and care of their patients in an outpatient setting. Maintains a clean and orderly patient care environment assisting nursing staff with appropriate support. Consistently demonstrates the primary goal of efficiently providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and improve clinical and financial operations.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following: orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room Radiology, outpatient diagnostic Radiology.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with physician to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
- Maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong teamwork skills, utilizing "down time" to perform other assigned tasks; including room turnovers, restocking, etc.
- High School graduate or GED certificate.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- AART Registered and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.