Looking for a highly organized, hands-on construction Foreman with a vast knowledge of the trades that leads by example and takes enormous pride in a job well done, takes the initiative, and has a 'can do' attitude along with the willingness to go the extra mile!
You will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality and craftsmanship on the project. Directly accountable to the project Superintendent and you will be their primary support on the project. You will be the person who will have day-to-day interaction with subcontractors and crew. An eye for detail and an ability to handle multiple tasks is critical for this position. Must be adept at the interpretation of plans and respond to problems with viable solutions. A primary focus of the Foreman is coordinating the workflow to conform to the project schedule.
Additionally, the growth and development of crew members is a major responsibility of the Foreman. They should take an active role in training and mentoring each individual assigned to the project.
Proficiency at this level qualifies the employee to progress to the Superintendent level. Lots of room to grow in our Employee-Owned company!
High School or equivalent required, trade school experience, apprenticeship, or degree preferred
A minimum of TEN years experience in fine carpentry
Valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation, preferably a truck or a van
A minimum of FIVE years experience as a Foreman in high end residential construction over $3M
A commitment to delivering outstanding service to high end clientele
Strong work ethic, self-directed, motivated, and reliable.
Open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
Detail-oriented, and a highly resourceful problem-solver
Ability to run projects both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
Strong time management skills
Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment
Must be able to read and interpret plans
Knowledgeable in all construction trades, and all phases of construction
Ability to lead in a respectful, non-confrontational manner.
Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
High level of comfort working with numbers.
- Bilingual: Fluency in Spanish
- Journeyman Carpenter Apprenticeship
- Ten+ years' experience as a Foreman in high-end residential construction experience
PHYSICAL Requirements and WORK environment:
- Physical strength and stamina, ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination, ability to handle, feel, lift, operate, and move objects, tools, or controls.
- Strong reading and math skills.
- Excellent vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work in a construction environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, dig, go up and down stairs and ladders, crouch, and crawl, and lying down.
- Exposure to heat and/or cold, and inclement weather.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
If you or someone you know would make a great addition to our team, please send the following:
- A cover letter letting us know why you are a good fit for this position, make sure to include your pay expectations and your availability to start working.
- An up-to-date copy of your resume.
- Three to five professional references, with up-to-date contact information.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive base pay.
- Attractive benefits package (health insurance, PTO, bonuses, retirement plan, and more)
- Opportunities for growth in a stable and established company. Not just a job, but a career.
- A supportive, healthy, and fun work environment in one of the best regarded high end construction companies in the SF Bay Area and Wyoming.
- Optional paid training for professional advancement in leadership, management, and industry technology.
To learn more about us, check our website at: http://matpelbuilders.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!