The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for cultivating and procuring exhibition and event sponsorships, and other philanthropic support for special projects and initiatives.
This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer
Position Duties and Levels of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement the Museum’s major gift program
- Manage and cultivate relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identify new prospects
- Secure major gifts at the $5,000 to $100,000 level
- Campaigns include year-end appeal, sponsorships, and restricted gifts
- Utilize moves management software to cultivate donors and prospects
- Manage portfolio of 150 donors and prospects
- Coordinate Old Bill’s Fun Run outreach and campaign. Serve as Museum liaison to CFJH.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and staff with their solicitations
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Four-year college degree
- Five+ years non-profit fundraising
- Skill with fundraising databases (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce, DonorPerfect)
- High motivation to meet annual fundraising goals
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Office 360, Google Docs and Sheets, Zoom, Google Meet
Salaried, full-time position, with NMWA full-time benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.