Matarozzi Pelsinger Builders is a premier general contractor in the California Bay Area, and Jackson, WY. We have expertise in complex residential and light commercial construction, and specialize in all aspects of building from historical renovations, remodels, and retrofitting to unique ground-up projects.
We are looking for a highly organized, hands-on construction professional with a vast knowledge of the trades that leads by example and takes enormous pride in a job well done, takes the initiative, and has a 'can do' attitude along with the willingness to go the extra mile. We currently have an opening in our Jackson, WY Division.
The MPB Superintendent will successfully run our high-end construction projects, manage and provide leadership to our crews, interact with our clients, develop great relationships with our vendors and industry partners, and think on their feet.
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers
- Direct, supervise, and mentor crew members
- Layout jobsites so all trades are setup to successfully complete their work
- Determine labor requirements and recruit talent to meet demands
- Generate supplies and materials lists, and timelines
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company's time, manpower, and materials on each project
- Review job costs, budgets, and weekly field time cards, responsible for tracking the progress and profitability of the projects
- Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- Communicate with project stakeholders throughout the project to guarantee client satisfaction
- Be able to perform all duties of carpenter or finish carpenter, following recognized procedures/techniques for such work, as required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, college experience or degree preferred
- Must have a valid CA driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation, preferably a truck or a van
- A minimum of five years in carpentry, preferably in high end residential construction
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service to high end clientele
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, motivated, and reliable.
- Open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
- Detail-oriented, and a highly resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to run projects both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret plans
- Knowledgeable in all construction trades, and all phases of construction
- Ability to lead in a respectful, non-confrontational manner.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- High level of comfort working with numbers
- Must have own tools
- College degree - an absolute PLUS
- Ten+ years' experience in high-end residential construction experience
- Experience building Modern Architecture projects
PHYSICAL Requirements and WORK environment:
- Physical strength and stamina, ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination, ability to handle, feel, lift, operate, and move objects, tools, or controls.
- Strong reading and math skills.
- Excellent vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work in a construction environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, dig, go up and down stairs and ladders, crouch, and crawl, and lying down.
- Exposure to heat and/or cold, and inclement weather.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
If you or someone you know would make a great addition to our team, please send the following documents:
- A cover letter that describes your area of expertise and what attracts you to MPB, make sure to include your pay expectations and availability as well.
- An up-to-date copy of your resume.
- Three to five professional references, with up-to-date phone numbers and email addresses. At least two of these references should be from previous direct supervisors.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive base pay, DOE.
- Attractive benefits package (health insurance, PTO, bonuses, retirement plan, and more)
- Opportunities for growth in a stable and established company. Not just a job, but a career.
- A supportive, healthy, and fun work environment in one of the best regarded high end construction companies in the SF Bay Area and Wyoming.
- Optional paid training for professional advancement in leadership, management, and industry technology.
We prefer to hire local talent.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
We are closely observing all OSHA and CDC guidelines to reduce worker's risk of exposure to COVID-19.