Our Team is growing and we are on the hunt for a new Staff Writer to join the Buckrail news team.
Traditional skill sets are helpful, but as the media scene has evolved, so must today’s writers and reporters. Buckrail reporters…
- Can distill a topic to the atomic level, sharing only the most important elements of a story.
- Can write quickly and cleanly, contributing 4-6 posts each day.
- Are comfortable with photography and/or sourcing photos as necessary.
- Use various social platforms to share content with the community.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Are active participants within the community and have local knowledge of the area.
- May have experience with WordPress.
Now for the juicy stuff.
We’re a passionate group of individuals who like to disrupt the status quo. If the following sounds like you, you’ll love working with us.
- Enterprising and independent.
- A passionate learner; you have a desire to be an expert about everything in the community.
- Successful candidates are team players, take constructive criticism, and strive to be the best.
- Involved in the community and have the knowledge and familiarity of Jackson and its surrounding areas.
- Willing and able to be the first person on the scene.
- Excited to create connections with community leaders and become an advocate for community members.
- Own projects start to finish.
- Excited to innovate and experiment.
- You understand digital curation and distribution of news and want to be part of the most innovative team in the state.
PT and FT opportunities are available in our newsroom.
Send your resume and a recent sample of your writing to [email protected]