The Loan Processor accurately enters required loan data in loan origination software and document provider interfaces. Completes all processing tasks and third party orders, with some direction, for accurate and compliant residential loans with the following qualities: 4 or less signers, borrowers, co-borrowers, or non-occupying co-borrowers; purchase or refinance; and vesting in individual(s) names or trust.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enters loan terms, borrower information, and third party data into BytePro loan origination software throughout the loan process.
- Review loan files for completeness and accuracy. Gathers necessary documentation, such as: initial disclosures, income and asset documentation, credit report, verifications, appraisal report, preliminary title report, etc.
- Reviews and follows up on all outstanding orders/requests to third parties and borrowers within established company deadlines. Contacts employers for verification of employment (VOE) and any third parties necessary to verify accuracy of information.
- Effectively manages loan pipeline and identifies required conditions/exceptions in order to close loans on time. May need to consult with lender or supervisor to resolve conditions/exceptions.
- Creates initial loan documents for supervisor’s review using knowledge of loan regulations, policies and procedures.
- Creates final loan documents for loan officers using knowledge of loan regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with title companies to balance borrower’s cash-to-close, balance net funding amounts, determine proper vesting, and clear necessary title policy exceptions.
- Exports loans to IDS or LaserPro to produce final documents, to Jack Henry for funding, and to investors for loan purchase.
- Completes required compliance training and performs job functions in compliance with regulatory and governmental standards, guidelines, rules and regulations with all regulatory authorities, federal or state ordinances and administrative regulations and statutes.
- Processes wires, cashier checks, loan funding transfers , and BOJH payoffs in Xperience using correct General Ledger accounts and amounts.
- Process post-close requirements including: hard copy file storage, and saving loan documents to Synergy.
- Keep updated with current and upcoming loan products and loan guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a fast paced environment.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Extreme level of confidentiality.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Simple math proficiency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Decision making & problem solving skills.
- Exercise good judgement.
- Work independently/team member.
- Time management.
- Personal effectiveness & flexibility.
- Stress management/composure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook.
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear, sit for long periods of time, stand, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs, bend, manual dexterity and reach with hands and arms. Position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Proper lifting techniques are required. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Regular days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am through 5:00 pm. The employee must work a minimum of 30 hours each week to maintain full time status.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. Occasional travel for training or to another branch may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in loan operations or document preparation or related field is preferred but not required.
It is the policy of Bank of Jackson Hole to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, unfavorable military discharge for qualified individuals with disabilities, and for qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era, to the extent required by applicable local, state and federal law.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.