The Retail Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining store inventory control to ensure high store in-stock position on the floor in support of our customer service objectives and sales goal attainment. RICS play a critical role within the store organization by ensuring product flow to the sales flow, accuracy of inventory to support the replenishment of goods in the system. Maintain the inventory in the stock room in a clean and organized manner. Complete all required documentation and system processes accurately and timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• By your actions foster a service and selling culture, exceed customer expectations and build consumer relationships that will be enduring • Ensures a high level of productivity through attainment of UPH targets • Process all incoming/out coming inventory with accuracy • Verify all merchandise deliveries are compliant and accurate to Company standards • Ensure all merchandise is prepared for the selling floor and complies with all company ticketing and signage guidelines. • Place EAS tags on merchandise before moving it to the sales floor to meet LP guidelines • Ensure the timely and accurate input for all freight information through the appropriate systems • Execute all RTV’s, orders, transfers, re-tickets or mark downs efficiently and timely to Company policies and procedures • Educate and coach sales team on all processes and procedures that affect the customer experience through inventory control • Maintain a neat and orderly stock room that is compliant with all Company/State guidelines • Take initiative and ownership over all aspects of inventory management • Partner with management to assist in the teams development and understanding of all inventory processes; comply with the Company’s Time and Attendance policy and procedures
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management • Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance • Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations • Adheres to local, state and federal laws • Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management • Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
• High School Diploma or GED • Demonstrates good communication skills • Good time management and organizational skills • Work varied hours/days to meet the needs of the business • Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• Customer Centric • Effective Communication • Trustworthy and Ethical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift • Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds • Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports • Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers • Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus • Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance • Noise levels are considered moderate