The Development Associate shares responsibility for overall departmental goals and is an integral member of the fundraising team. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about development with one of Jackson’s premier non-profits. The role of the position has these primary objectives:
- Working with our database consultant, the development associate manages and oversees all aspects of the Museum’s members and donor information including data and gift entry, gift acknowledgement, monthly membership renewals, and membership tracking.
- Implements and maintains best practices in the Museum’s CRM. (Raiser’s Edge NXT).
- Serves as primary contact for general membership inquiries.
This position reports to the Manager of Membership and Planned Gifts
Position Duties and Levels of Responsibilities:
- Manages database and reporting tools, maintains and standardizes data entry, and research reports.
- Serves as communication and technical support lead for Raiser’s Edge NXT communication tools and forms.
- Works closely with the Finance Department to produce financial reports and monthly reconciliations.
- Manages the membership renewal program. Produces monthly renewal requests and timely acknowledgement letters.
- Works with database consultant to trouble shoot database issues and establishes systems for producing accurate mailing lists.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks.
- Supervises development volunteer(s) to assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Serves as primary contact for general membership inquiries, working closely with front of house staff for excellent member and visitor services.
- Serves as lead contact and coordinator for Museum’s participation in Old Bill’s Fun Run.
- Assists with events and donor stewardship as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Four year college degree
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Raiser’s Edge, CRM or database experience (fundraising software preferred)
- Strong computer skills (MS 360)
- Previous experience with museums, fundraising, and special events is preferred
- Minimum of two years administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills; adept at prioritizing multiple tasks
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Team player, working for the best interest of the organization
- Works well independently in a self-motivated manner
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
Full time NMWA benefits for full-time employee