Coral & Tusk creates and sells embroidered linen home and gift products based on all original artwork. We have two offices, one in Brooklyn, NY where our creative and marketing team of 4 members is based, and the other in Pinedale, WY, where our inventory is housed and order management and fulfillment team members (2 full time and 2 part time) are based. Our long time production partner is based in India and they do all of our manufacturing. We do the majority of our sales in Q4 annually. We use Shopify Plus for our ecommerce platform.
We are seeking an experienced bookkeeper to join our team. The estimated time required for this position is approx 10-13 hours/week in Q1-3, and approx 15-20 hours/week in Q4. We use Quickbooks Desktop, Premier Wholesale & Manufacturing 2019 version. We are unable to switch to QB Online because of the way we utilize Quickbooks. Ideally, we’d prefer the candidate be located in either the Brooklyn, NY or Pinedale, WY vicinities, but working remotely is absolutely possible. All accounts are up to date and Quickbooks in excellent shape.
Coral & Tusk is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all applications without discrimination on the basis race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Please email [email protected] with the subject line “Bookkeeper Applicant” to submit your resume and cover letter.
Manage all transactions in QuickBooks, and related activities including the following:
- Shopify sales import oversight, troubleshoot & reconcile (daily)
- Accounts Receivable- matching payments and invoices, making deposits, sending statements, following up with customers when required, run A/R report (daily)
- Accounts Payable- confirming invoices against POs, invoice entry and payments (weekly)
- Track and process all commission payments to our partners (monthly/quarterly)
- Set up new customers, employees and vendors in QB (as needed)
- Enter payroll into QB (bi-weekly)
- Inventory management:
- Record all retail gifts, damaged items and gifted employee product in Quickbooks (weekly)
- Maintain the purchase order discrepancy charts, working closely with the WY receiving team, India partner, and owner to ensure timely and accurate data (bi-weekly)
- Print Item List inventory sheets for physical inventory counts and enter the inventory adjustments into Quickbooks working through anomalies with WY team (bi-annually)Manage item SKUs in Quickbooks, adding bi-annual new collection products and updating status changes for discontinued or sold through products (as needed)
- Financial Reports
- Run sales reports for retail, trade, wholesale, and Japan division managers (monthly)
- Run expense reports, budget, P&L, cash flows, and balance sheet for owner (monthly)
- Ensure 1099 Vendors are tracked in Quickbooks and collect W9 paperwork for all contractors (as needed/annually)
- Sales Tax
- Run Shopify report for tax accountant of sales by # and $ by state to assess any nexus exposure (annually)
- Update sales tax rates in applicable NY and WY counties in QBs if the automatic rate tool does not update properly (quarterly)
- Run and reconcile sales tax reports in Quickbooks and Shopify for proper state reporting
- File online NY sales tax (quarterly) and online WY sales tax (annually)
- Reconciliations of all bank and credit accounts (monthly)
- Update bank accounts at minimum 3 times per week and alert Principal to questionable activity
- Daily check in of email, responding to messages within 24 hours, Monday through Friday
- Bi-weekly financial meeting with owner
- Keep QuickBooks current and audit ready
- Prepare for annual tax returns to hand over to Company’s Accountant
- Work in conjunction with Company’s Accountant as needed
- WY LLC filing in July - work with tax accountant for accurate reporting and file with WY (annually)
Strong financial background, accounting understanding and experience, highly organized and energetic, acute attention to detail, excellent memory, process oriented, proactive and direct communicator.
- Minimum of 2 years accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Quickbooks Desktop experience (Inventory based Quickbooks version preferred)
- Experience with Excel, G-Suites (Gmail and Google Drive)
- Manage and maintain finance emails and organize digital files as required by Company
- Comply with Company Security Protocol and Practices requirements