Perfectus Biomed Group (formerly Extherid Biosciences LLC) is a fast-growing global company that provides innovative research and development services for medical and consumer health sectors. Perfectus Biomed Group (Jackson, WY) is looking for a person to fill the position of Laboratory Assistant. The Laboratory Assistant will be required to provide a supportive role to the Laboratory Manager and Research Scientists within the laboratory to enable the delivery of research services to all current and prospective clients. The Laboratory Assistant may be assigned some standard laboratory tasks relating to compliance with ISO 9001:2015. The Laboratory Assistant will be expected to act in a proactive manner to complete work that supports projects and the smooth running of the laboratory.
Main Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks Required of the Post:
- Delivering Laboratory Processes. The Laboratory Assistant will support the Laboratory Manager and Research Scientists by: maintaining a clean laboratory; preparing reagents; counting microbial colonies and plaques; labeling plates and tubes; maintaining bacterial and fungal cultures; entering data, logging in samples, and storing appropriately; maintaining records; using and maintaining equipment according to procedures; and working independently and in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Quality. The Laboratory Assistant will: support the Quality Manager in the maintenance and implementation of quality initiatives such as ISO 9001:2015; maintain confidentiality at all times; and understand, embrace, and present the Perfectus Biomed Mission, Vision, and Values throughout all business interactions.
- Health and Safety. Where relevant, the Laboratory Assistant will follow Standard Operating Procedure work plans when working within the laboratory environment. The Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the health and safety of themselves and that of all personnel who may work within or visit the site. The Laboratory Assistant will be expected to carry out risk assessments where appropriate.
- Administrative Duties. The Laboratory Assistant will participate in ensuring the laboratory is fully stocked with essential supplies to enable the research to be undertaken and participation in receipt and delivery of stock ensuring a rotational system is in place for storage of all supplies. The Laboratory Assistant will also support the laboratory team with data input and analysis as required.
- Communication. The role will require the Laboratory Assistant to communicate verbally in a professional manner with a wide range of personnel.
- Personal Development. The Laboratory Assistant will attend all mandatory training as directed. The Laboratory Assistant will be required to undertake any other duties requested within the scope of their ability and role.
Educational requirements. College degree in biology or another related science is required. An excellent grasp of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required for this post. Send letter of interest and resume to [email protected]