The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Finance Manager.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Finance Manager is responsible for: (1) maintaining the financial books for the Chamber (2) providing financial support to the Chamber departmental Directors and President/CEO (3) providing a high level of customer service to the Chamber members and committees.
- Full-service bookkeeping (QuickBooks) including: Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, generating invoices and statements, collections, payroll and all related tax reporting, bank statement reconciliation and cash flow management. The Chamber has a high volume of transactions.
- Department budgets management and general ledger maintenance. (Accurate use of Classes in QuickBooks.)
- Work closely with the Chamber CPA to provide financials for 990 and 990T annual reporting. The Chamber is a 501C6 Not-for-Profit Corporation.
- Provide W-2s to employees and 1099s to contractors and filing all associated IRS and state reports on an annual basis and maintain all changes to employee’s IRS status.
- File US Department of Labor and Bureau of Standards reports and all other requested reports.
- Support department Directors and President/CEO in the budget process and provide monthly budget reports and identify unusual trends.
- Provide a summary monthly budget report (Dashboard) to the President/CEO for presentation to the Executive Committee by exporting QuickBooks reports into an existing Excel spreadsheet.
- Work with the Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Board and submit accurate vouchers and all required back up to collect awarded funds.
- Extensive file management-both digital and on paper.
- Human Resources responsibilities: maintain employee folders with employment information and changes, oversee employee benefits programs including tracking anniversary dates and proper enrollment, maintain Section 8 of the Policies & Procedures manual, review Section 8 of the Policies & Procedure manual with new employees, and assist employees with ongoing benefits questions. Review employee benefits providers re: benefits and pricing at annual renewal time or on as needed basis and contract with new providers as needed.
- Assist the Membership Director with maintenance of member data and changes in membership software programs.
- Assist the Membership Director with changes to existing website advertising. Keep updated/educated on website changes as they relate to cost of advertising.
- Assist the Operations Manager with property management (in-house subleases at administrative office location) including observing market trends, invoicing and collections of rent.
- Other financial projects requested by the Board of Directors, President/CEO, Vice President and Department Directors.
- 3 years experience working with QuickBooks Pro or Enterprise performing most of the tasks listed above
- Experience with budget management
- Skilled at utilization of Microsoft Office Suite-Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to learn to use unfamiliar software programs (iDSS, Chamber Master)
- Experience managing public funds desired
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality guidelines-both verbal and data management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including discussing receivables (collections) with members, clear explanation of financial issues and expressing concerns and mistakes when necessary.
- Enjoy interfacing with fellow employees and the public
The Finance Manager position is a full-time, year-around job with benefits; the Finance Manager will report to the Chamber President/CEO. Working off site will be considered.