Objective: The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development, production, and efficient implementation of all levels of marketing for the Museum including brand identity, advertising, public relations, and communications. The Director of Marketing promotes awareness of the Museum locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally, aligning all marketing efforts with the Museum’s strategic goals.
Organizational Relationships: The Director of Marketing reports to the Museum Director and is considered an essential member of the senior leadership team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement the Museum’s interdepartmental marketing plan that includes addressing the needs of both earned and contributed.
- Supervise all marketing staff members and outside contractors.
- Oversee all media relations and press contacts and represents the Museum Director as spokesperson for the Museum when necessary.
- Manage all aspects of producing the Museum’s annual publication including Call of The Wild.
- Create and manage marketing budget.
- Responsible for creation, planning, and implementation of social media plans to maximize the Museum’s visibility and access to all Museum resources.
- Responsible for orchestrating the Museum’s brand identity and maintaining style guides and related editorial policies.
- Create and implement the Museum’s advertising schedule for print and digital.
- Supervise the maintenance of the Museum’s website.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Museum exhibits, programs, and projects.
- Develop organizational messaging and branding for projects.
- Maintain an archive of marketing programs, benchmarks and key performance indicators.
- Develop effective working relationships with all departments in the Museum.
- Write, distribute, and/or supervise the dissemination of press releases.
- Act as a liaison between the Museum and the community at various events, meetings, and gatherings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- Five years of successful experience in marketing, public relations, journalism, newspaper writing, or editing.
- Experience with cultural organizations or non-profit tourism-based markets is preferred.
- Knowledge of current and future industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking and media relations.
- Background in producing print and digital media ad buys.
- Ability and experience to manage all aspects of social media campaigns.
- Sophisticated computer skills, graphic design experience, and a demonstrated ability to use electronic tools to manage workflow and production.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Display Network.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Managerial experience for staff or department.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Must be able to work well both independently and as a team member. Must attend regular meetings and meet deadlines.
- Full time salary exempt position with full-time NMWA benefits