Makers of Awesomeness
Full Time | Manufacturing
Location: Victor, Idaho
Job Title: Machinist/Artist/ Creative
Reports to: Floor Manager
New West KnifeWorks and MTN MAN Toy Shop is America’s premier knife cutlery boutique. With a recently built and outfitted production facility in the valley, NWKW is looking for the right candidates to assemble some of the world’s best cutlery. Our reputation for durability and design is second to none. This position is extremely important to NWKW and American Manufacturing.
Our Goal: New West KnifeWorks applies a PPK (Pay Per Knife) compensation for this position. This system is based on minimum production quotas to ensure a flexible schedule.
PPK (after achieving your black belt in knife making) $20-$30/hr
Essential Job Functions
- Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order
- Test the machine before the main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production.
- Clean up machine parts after every work procedure.
- Set all machine operation information such as speed, size and shape into machine before it begins running.
- Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
- Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures.
- Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
- Strictly adhere to client job specification and ensure good quality work.
- Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
- Report to supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
- Study blueprint from work layout to ensure accuracy in production task.
- The attention and craftsmanship equal to or greater than a Finished Carpenter.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask.
- Great communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical devices