The Teller I receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The Teller I meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
2. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
3. Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
4. Identify counterfeit currency.
5. Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
6. Cross-sell bank products and services.
7. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
8. Issue cashier’s checks, accept orders and payments.
9. Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
10. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
11. Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
12. Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
13. Process cash advances and accept orders for foreign exchange currency.
14. Operate coin machine.
15. Maintain appropriate currency logs.
16. Follow all bank policies and procedures.
1. High Level of Honesty and Integrity.
2. Work Independently/Team Member.
3. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Simple Math Proficiency.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Decision Making.
7. Time Management
8. Personal Effectiveness.
10. Stress Management/Composure.
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and coin machine.
Position requires manual dexterity, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting or standing as necessary, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Regular days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, and scheduled hours may vary from 8:00 am through 5:00 pm to 9:00 am through 6:00 pm dependent upon branch assignment. Occasional Saturday schedule does apply. The employee must work a minimum of 30 hours each week to maintain full time status.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. Occasional travel for training or branch coverage is expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous cash handling experience preferred.
It is the policy of Bank of Jackson Hole to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, unfavorable military discharge for qualified individuals with disabilities, and for qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era, to the extent required by applicable local, state and federal law.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.