English/Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher
- Core teacher for Language Arts, American Studies, World Studies / Geography, and Life Skills
- Share teaching responsibilities for The Modern World & You, Reading & Writing Workshop, Physical Education, Educational Games & Initiatives, and Life Skills classes
- Advise Students
- School Improvement Committee Member
- Provide high quality, standards and research based education to all students. Collaborate with faculty and school administration to develop a curriculum map and to oversee individual unit development by course teachers.
- Actively collect and use assessments and assessment datum to inform instruction and to make adjustments that facilitate student learning. Work with the other teachers and administration to assess student achievement and to design and deliver differentiated lessons geared to closing the achievement gap and to helping students meet Wyoming State Academic and Content Standards.
- For Language Arts, Social Studies, Reading & Writing Workshop, and Life Skills courses, review and/or design unit plans appropriate for our students and for meeting the Wyoming State Academic and Content Standards as indicated by the curriculum maps.
- Wilderness - Actively find ways to link the lessons learned in the wilderness and in the classroom.
- Special Education: Actively participate in the Individualized Education Program [IEP] process. Provide instruction and resources to classroom aids. Provide differentiated instruction and materials, and instruct classroom aids on the special needs of individual students and provide clear direction on how to meet those needs.
Please take a peek at why Teton Youth & Family Services is such a special place to work, click here.