Energy 1 is seeking full time, year-round, Power Systems Field Technician to join our rapidly growing Jackson, WY team.
Energy 1 is a nationally recognized design, construction, and consulting firm specializing in turnkey energy solutions for high-end residential and commercial clients. We deliver engineering, contracting, operations, maintenance, and management services - all geared toward the creation of sustainable energy systems designed to ensure comfort, harmonize with their environments, and optimize cost efficiency. We are an energetic and collaborative company, and we value people who work hard, are fun to work with, and have a positive impact on those around them.
As part of the Energy 1 Power Systems Division, you will be a Wyoming Registered Electrical Apprentice supporting our Licensed Electricians with a variety of daily tasks including (but not limited to):
- Installing roof and ground mounted photovoltaic arrays for residential and commercial applications
- Installing partial and whole-home backup power solutions including battery systems and generators
- Performing regular duties as assigned by the lead, such as: Bending, cutting, pulling, and installation of conduit and wire, troubleshooting, testing, trimming outlets, mounting equipment, and maintenance/service as needed for new and existing clients
- Regular use of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job
- Handling a variety materials and tools required for the job, including loading/unloading/moving
- Following directives and communicating effectively and in a timely and efficient manner
- Adhering to safety procedures, policies, guidelines, and precautions, while ensuring the job site remains tidy and free of safety hazards
- Reading and understanding basic blueprints
- Adapting to various types of construction and job site conditions
- and any other project related tasks that arise on a daily basis
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, some of which may include: repetitive actions (grasping, etc) driving, sitting, lifting, climbing, standing for long periods, stooping, walking, maneuvering through small spaces, working on ladders, lifts, and elevated platforms, and regularly lifting up to 50 lbs, etc
- Ability to identify electrical parts & components and keep up with the National Electrical Code and possess general understanding of the electrical industry
- Basic knowledge, and safe use, of tools and equipment
- Self-starter, punctual, motivated, and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solver and enjoys collaboration with internal team members and with other trades working on the project
- Currently in or willing to become a Wyoming Registered Apprentice
- Electrical related experience preferred, but not necessary as we will train the right person
- Willing to travel within Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
Compensation & Benefits
We offer outstanding benefits and competitive compensation including, but not limited to:
- Flexible schedule, working 4-10's with Friday's off
- Excellent health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, etc) after a short waiting period
- Generous Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401k participation & Equity Incentive options
- Family-oriented environment
- Growth potential
- The list goes on!
Compensation $25+/hour dependent upon work experience.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
Energy 1 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.